Monday, April 26, 2010

Big Day Tomorrow!

Ok, so I know it makes no sense to blog about my new job, since it's, you know,a matter of national security. Which would be the reason that this page is set to private. But I can't help myself. I'm just so ecstatic!

Three months ago I was an underpaid grad student working as my adviser's TA. And now look at me! How many archeology students can say that they're joining a secret organization that helps protect the planet from aliens? Seriously! And,not only is the job exciting, but I also get to work with Dr. Daniel Jackson. Yes, that's right, THE Dr. Daniel Jackson.

Sure, I sorta called the guy a crackpot the first time I read his extremely outdated paper on the origin of the pyramids. But Dr. Peterson (my adviser, btw)insisted that I look deeper into his theories. It turns out, the man's a genius!

Alright, I'll admit it. Until I actually got the job, I still thought he was bat-shit crazy (abet, genius, as stated).

I just can't wait to work with him. Imagine what I could learn.

Well, I have to wake up in four hours and get "debriefed" on the "specifics" of my position, so I should probably go to bed. As soon as I can get rid of the massive butterflies in my stomach.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I loved this. I can't wait to see what kind of "work" he gets from Dr. J. Will we get a name soon?

    ReplyDelete